Diaper Card Tutorial and Template

Finally I got around making the tutorial for the diaper card. I know many have requested it. I updated the template as well. The lines are now very faint, so it you print it, they will hardly be visible.
To download the template click on the image bellow or HERE


To make the card (I won't show you how to make the insert, you can be as much creative asyou wish. The size of the insert should be approx 4"x5.25") you will need:
1.download and print the template onto cardstock
2. scissors ( I used paper snips)
3. stamps, ink, hole punch, ribbon, pearls (optional)


Print the template and cut along the solid lines. Then score along the dashed lines. I have two score lines, because I made a mistake with my scoring :D


Then you can decorate the front. I used the star stamp from Nursery necessities and pretty in pink ink. To get faint image I stamped first on the side than on the card. As well you can stamp on the flaps.

Next I stamped the little elephant on scrap cardstock and cut it out. Then I stamped on the front of the card, as well the sentiment (again I stamped on the side than on the card, in order to get more subtle color, I used Close to cocoa). Then using dimensionals adhere the cut out elephant.



Punch two holes on the flaps on the front. I added eyelets. As well to sparkle it up I added dazzling diamonds on the elephant ear.


Then I threaded some pretty in pink taffeta ribbon through the eyelet holes and added some pearls from the Pretties kit to make it more girly. I tied the ribbon, and the card is done.
Next you can make the insert as you please :)




Comments

Angie said…
Super cute. I have been blog stalking you for a while. You are so talented and creative. I enjoy looking at all of your creations. Thanks for sharing!
Cassandra said…
This is so adorable. I can't wait to see what other goodies you have on your website. I'm new to cardmaking and I feel like a full blown addict!
Elizabeth said…
this is absolutely adorable! would make the perfect baby shower invite methinks :) thanks for sharing the lovely tutorial and pattern!